Guys, this is so important. Silicones coat your hair. And I'm not saying they're "el diablo" because they're not. However, too much of anything is a bad thing. Silicones are not water-soluble... meaning co-washing will not rid your hair of cones... the detergents in shampoos are the only things that will remove these cones from your hair. If you don't shampoo, the cones will continue to build-up on your hair... NOT GOOD!!
What are some signs of "cone-overload"?
- Very dry, straw-like hair... it seems nothing will moisturize your hair because the cones aren't allowing any moisture in your hair!
- Dull hair... little to no shine
- "Coated" feeling when wet
- Avoid products with cones! (Here is a list of what to look for in the ingredients)
- Tip: The further up the ingredient list the cone is, the more of it there is in the product.
- If you choose to use cones, you MUST shampoo... how often is up to you.
- VO5 Conditioners (usually around $1.00 per bottle)
- Tresemme Naturals Conditioners (usually around $6.00 per bottle)
- Aubrey Organics Conditioners (usually around $10.00 per bottle)
- LeKair Cholesterol Plus Conditioner (usually around $3.00 per tub)
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner (usually around $8.00 per bottle)
- Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Potion Leave-In Conditioner ($5.00 @ TJMaxx)
- Many more listed here