For pretty much all of 2011, I can honestly say that my GROWTH journey has taken a back seat to my quest for perfect ends and to get rid of my layers. Well, I still have a few layers (my longest layer in the back is almost a full inch longer than the next layer up!) and my ends have their moments (splits/weathering). But in 2012 I think I am going to be back on the growth train!
I have to be disciplined (no "easy outs" by flat ironing! and no trimming just to get the "thick ends" high!). Here are my goals for 2012.
- Reach bra-strap length... touching by May, FULL by December.
- Maintain my regimen... no getting lazy!!
- Limit heat usage... 6 direct heat passes (only 1 prior to June 21st, 2012)
- Thicken up my edges (my biggest problem area!) by cutting down on tight buns and ponytails
- Resolve my scalp issues (itching, flaking, severe sensitivity to relaxers, etc)
I decided that I will no longer attempt to stretch my relaxers for more than 16 weeks and will try to relax every 10-12 weeks.
Questions? Additional comments? Email me at HairIAmWORLD@gmail.com