Both carusos and hot rollers are a great way to amp up a hair style without wrecking your hair with direct heat. I have used both types of rollers to breathe life into an old roller-wrap (or flat iron!) in addition to saving styles gone awry! The question is: do you need both of them? If not, which is better?
I can most definitely say that each has its pros and cons...
- Super long lasting curls (they usually last most of the day without dropping!)
- Quick setting (it takes about 8 minutes to set)
- It can be hard, sometimes, to create the "soft curls" look.
- Because you're working with steam, you have to be careful not to get your hair wet sometimes (especially if you are natural or texlaxed)
- Can sometimes get tangled up in hair during the take-down process.
Hot Roller Pros:
- Effortlessly provide the sexy, tousled curls look.
- Less likely to get entangled in hair (well the type that I have are...)
Hot Roller Cons:
- More heat than carusos (can't over-use them or else it defeats the no-heat/low-heat purpose!)
- Take a bit longer to set (I usually keep them in for at least 20 minutes)
- Curls fall quickly if the elements are wrong (ahem... humid, Southern springs/summers)
Overall, if I had to pick only one, I would pick my carusos (lucky for me, I don't have to choose though!). However, both are useful addition to any hair girl's arsenal of tools!
Which do you prefer? Carusos? Hot rollers? Both? Weigh in! =)
Questions? Additional comments? Email me at HairIAmWORLD@gmail.com