I will not purport to have a regimen. I have several hair rules that I will follow and that's it. I will listen to my hair and use the common sense God gave me to determine when I will use/do whatever I do (e.g. trimming, protein, moisture).
Here are some of my "hair rules"/anti-regimen:
- Deep condition AND pre 'poo with each and every shampoo
- Either ACV rinse or use Porosity Control as my final rinse every single time
- Clarify according to silicone use (more silicone usage, more clarifying sessions)
- Never use two proteins on the same wash day (e.g. if I'm DCing with ORS Replenishing Condish, I would not use apHogee 2 Minute Reconstructor as my instant conditioner, I'd choose something moisturizing with NO protein)
- Use a protein leave-in on on moisture DC days and a moisturizing leave-in on protein DC days
- Moisturize and seal at night (as needed)
I guess my anti-regimen is like the skeleton of a regimen but notice I don't have any parameters on how often all this stuff gets done... my priority is keeping my hair as balanced as possible, therefore the type of products I use depend entirely on what my hair is feeling like or doing for the week.